WTB: 1985 or '86 GT....

anyone on the east coast want to come off one? Running or not...

~John

John King

Yeah, me.

1985 Mustang GT 5.0 CFI AOD 78xxx original miles, sunroof, A/C, no power windows or door locks. All factory except for the stereo (removed) and the mufflers (flowmaster 2 chambers on the factory 2-into-1-into-2 exhuast).

Make me an offer. I'm 20 miles NE of Pittsburgh. Car would go anywhere you want it to. I don't know what condition of car you're looking for.

It's not fast... I'll tell you that now. Making it fast will cost money, but if you're looking to build a race car, this is a great candidate.

Photos at:

I'm looking for around $2500. Make me an offer. snipped-for-privacy@nospam.bellatlantic.net

JS

Reply to
JS

Maaaaaaan....... You are only about 3 hours from me too, but its not a

5-speed. If it were a 5-speed I would be very interested. (sorry, I should have stated I was looking for 5-speed car) but that thing looks to be in pretty nice shape. I'll be thinking about it though. Thanks for sharing the pics J.S.

~John

John King

The car itself is in great shape. It runs fine, just isn't fast at all. It makes peak horsepower at 4400 RPM (all 180 of 'em) and it won't rev up that high... I'm thinking because of sitting for so many years without moving, something happened in the valvetrain.

The CFI also isn't a performance-mided thing. You could convert to 4-bbl or EFI (4-bbl would be cheapest and easiest).

If you're interested... let me know.. it's probably not going anywhere immediately, so you can take a moment to think about it.

I wish it were a 5-speed too.... it'd have been a 4-bbl and much faster.

JS

Reply to
JS