WTB IAC valve and auto shifter cable??

I want to fix these small things on my '96 before I sell it. Called Ford and they gave me a price of $145 for the IAC valve and $125 for a frickin' shifter cable!!!!!! I know I can get these things cheaper, but can't seem to find them online.

Any ideas? Please????? :-)

Thanks again!

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy

soon... and not sure what year. I'll keep lookin.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Ugh I don't know. Call local shops... O'Reilly.. Autozone, whatever. Can't find squat online.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Yeah, I know the feeling!!!! Thanks anyway, Mike.

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy

Have you tried cleaning the IAC first? StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

I just purchased one for my wife's 98 Cobra (IAC that is) from Advance and it was $80.

Might try

as they might have it cheaper.

Casey

Reply to
David C. Johnson

No, only because I heard it was useless since eventually it'll clog up again. But...hm...maybe I should just try that? I mean the only reason I'm replacing it is because the check engine light is always on and that looks kinda bad if you're trying to sell a car. ;-)

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy

Just checked and they want $105 for my application!

Didn't have it at all that I could find.

Thanks!

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy

The IAC will usually not set the MIL, you need to have the codes checked and go from there.

Reply to
WraithCobra

I looked up the code in a Ford manual and it said "IAC valve fault error." So you're saying it could be something else?

My mech told me it may not necessarily be the IAC, either. The way he explained it is with Ford's (he's a Chevy guy LOL) everything is connected, so a problem could actually be due to something else. Not sure if he's pullin' my leg or not.

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy

My bad, you have pulled the error codes. Looks like you have i under control. :)

Mike