00 Altima GLE Hissing Sound...

While driving my 2000 Altima with 67K on it, I will get a hissing noise from the passenger side engine compartment for about 1-2 seconds and the car will pull to the right. It sounds like a gas escaping or something, I always use the AC so could this be the compressor or something? It happens about twice an hour or so while driving, other than that the car is great, no problems at all. I'm scared to take it to a dealer or a shop and they'll look at me like im nuts and wanna rape me on the price. Any starting point someone could give me would be great.

PS I slammed the driver side door one time hard and the piece broke off that holds the door open, so right now when i let go of the door it closes on you, and does not stop at a halfway point, any clues to fix this??

Reply to
nick casagrande

One thing I know and that is that the AC compressor isn't going to make the car pull to the right or have any kind of influence on handling. However a component in the drive axle for that side or a brake component making noise and then causing hindrance to the free spin of that wheel could explain what's happening

Replace the broken piece?

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

I have the same problem. Every time I turn my air on, there would be a loud hissing sound. It would hiss like that a few times throughout the trip. When it gets very hot, the air would not go on until about 5-10 minutes later. I already brought it to the dealer the first year and of course they could not see the same thing or recreate the same sound and the air would be just fine. Who knows what the @#$%^^ is wrong with this?Nissan said that everything is fine when I know that it hiss like a mad horse and will be hot like hell for more than 10 minutes in Houston heat (enough for a melt down). Help!

Reply to
labwiz