03 SE-R spec V idle prob

2003 SE-R spec V,71K miles,prev.owner put headers,exhaust,AEM cold air intake,I'm not sure if he discarded the catalytic,and there seems to be a O2 simulator wired in...there's a strange wire added to the front O2 sensor that goes inside the passenger compartment.(probably to the ECM)

PROBLEM; idle sometimes jumps 1500-2000 rpm,hunts around,drops back down,then set a P0507 code. From what I've read so far,it could be the PWR steering pressure switch,air leak,PCV valve/hose,or the ECM itself.(yikes!)

If it's an ECM problem,a Nissan bulletin I downloaded mentions having the dealer re-program the ECM;would that be covered under any warranty even tho the car has 71K miles?

IMO,if the ECM -programming- is faulty,it should be redone at no charge;that's a factory defect.

And where's the throttle control motor located?

I've been downloading from Nissanhelp.Lots of good info there,you have to register and only one DL per 24hr period.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

With the intake, exhaust and ECM mods that have been done, there is no way in hell that Nissan or the dealer is going to pay for a reflash of the current ecm. You would have to return the car to a stock configuration.

It sounds to me like you've got a sensor (or lack of one) issue and it's going to be difficult to figure it out without replacing a bunch of parts trying to find it. The biggest problem you have is not knowing exactly what was done prior to buying it.

I sure hope you live in a place that doesn't require OBD-2 or smog checks, or you're really screwed.

Reply to
Tom

I (sorry for my english)

I got this error code 1 years a go and the probleme is the air filter.

I change the air filter my self and i didnt know the nissan filter is covert with oil , and i put a standart one .

"Tom" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@news.easynews.com...

Reply to
benoit desbiens

"benoit desbiens" wrote in news:gaxJi.442$ snipped-for-privacy@wagner.videotron.net:

seems like a dirty air filter would give a LOW RPM code,not a high one. (P0506 instead of P0507)

Mine had a cold air intake installed. I'm wondering if cleaning the MAF would help? Gas mileage is poor,too,only 17 MPG.

Reply to
Jim Yanik