05 Xterra hood noise.

I own a 2005 Nissan Xterra and I am going crazy driving it now.

Any time I drive it, I am getting a squeaking noise from the hood area.

I have confirmed that it is the hood, because when I was drive on aside

road, I pulled the hood release and the noise went away. I drove around

town and went home and the noise never came back.

Closed the hood completely that day and drove it the next day and the

noise was back.

I have put axle grease and the hood bumpers thinking that maybe the plastic

bumpers was the issue, but still the noise it there.

Please any input will be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Ed P.

on 4/1/2008 9:31 PM Ed P. said the following:

Check all the hinge attachments and locking mechanism for looseness. Oil the hinges and locking mechanism. Greasing the bumpers may not help if they are not adjusted right.

Reply to
willshak

adjust the rubber bumpers up a bit to add a little more tension to the hood when closed

Reply to
NissTech

try greasing the hood latch mechanism .

Reply to