06 Pathfinder ABS pressurizes at every startup ?

My Pathfinder I notice after I start then drive for a few seconds, I'll hear the ABS "crunching" sound. Never noticed before. ABS light never comes on. Fluid level is good. Ideas ?

Reply to
ndccpf1

That's normal. On my Maxima, I used to hear a hum of the ABS unit every time I started the car. Just the initial self test.

No worries.

CD

Reply to
codifus

My 05 Pathfinder does that occasionally but not consistently. The owner's manual indicates that it is normal and does not indicate a problem.

-- Jim Beachy

Reply to
Jim Beachy

This is a normal condition of a Nissan vehicle with ABS brakes, it is a self test mode that the system goes though at every start up. Some are louder that others, but it is a normal occurrence..

Reply to
NissTech