1974 Datsun P620 Pickup truck

I may have to sell my 1974 Datsun P620 Pickup truck. It has about

135,000 miles. It has always been in California and always kept inside the garage (no rusting problem). The bed has always been covered by a shell. It is in quite excellent condition and could be perfectly restored very easily. It is registered, passes smog test, and runs fine. I only use it these days for short trips to carry large items and such. I was laid-off and will have to move, and I may have to decide not to move the truck.

If I do have to sell it, I'd like to find it a good home with a loving owner for my old blue friend.

Can anyone tell me the best way to ascertain how much the truck is worth? And they best way for me to go about selling it?

Reply to
r2001

Something that old and obscure (nowadays) is best sold to someone who is an old Datsun "enthusiast."

Do an Internet search

for "datsun" and see what comes up. There are several Datsun clubs/forums...it'd be best to post there since those people are into Datsuns and know more how you can best sell your car.

I have a still-running 1973 Datsun 1200...have a real time finding parts for it (or even finding '73s in auto salvage yards) because it's not a "classic" car like the Datsun Z series, so finding parts for a

1973 240Z is much easier than for my "plebian" 1200.

As for worth, your truck probably isn't even on the charts (Kelly Blue Book) anymore and so maybe not worth much at all -- like mine -- EXCEPT to someone who likes Datsuns and wants to restore it as you mention.

Good luck,

John D.

Reply to
John D.