1983 280zx owner's manual sought

I'm wondering where I can get an owner's manual for a

1983 280zx. I see several on eBay but not for 1983. Would any 198* manual be the same?

Or would you recommend getting a CD rom that has the repair manuals on them.

Mostly, I'm wondering what the small square orange light cluster in the console is supposed to do.

I don't know the recommended shifting points. Since I've never driven a manual transmission before, this might be helpful.

Plus, I'm trying to get it to "talk", but I don't know what triggers it. :)

-Dennis

Reply to
dee_pee_yoo

Ahh. Well are the specs for the car the same? If you don't know, you could check out one of the more popular Z boards I suppose (sorry, I'm an S13 guy so I don't know off hand of any boards). I suppose if the car did not go through any major revisions, then the manuals should be the same. (Case in point: my 89-94 240SX's in the North American market look virtually the same, but the change of engine in 1991 makes the

89-90 manual useless. :( ).

In any case, good luck.

-p

-- tendim remove all capitals from eMail address for replies

Reply to
tendim