1984 Stanza warmup

I have a 1984 Stanza with EFI. Sometimes in cool weather, maybe 50F, I'll start cold and drive half a mile to a store. When I crank up ten minutes later and start to get underway, it may stall or nearly stall as if not getting fuel.

So far it has always resumed running perfectly in a few seconds. Could it be a temperature sensor? Could it leave me stranded?

Reply to
E Z Peaces

Could it be that the engine has not sufficiently warmed up when you arrived at the store? Frequent short trips in cool weather without a fully warmed up engine can cause the spark plugs to easily foul up with unburnt carbon deposits, especially if the heat range is wrong. Usually a longer drive (at least 5 miles) after a cold start can help prevent fouled plugs.

Reply to
myzr

I'm sure the engine isn't warmed up in half a mile, but wouldn't fouled plugs make it hard to start cold? Wouldn't the response be weak or rough when I stepped on the gas? This happens only for a moment. It's sudden. Otherwise, the engine runs fine.

Reply to
E Z Peaces