1989 Nissan 240sx xe Fastback 1900$ obo Toronto

1989 Nissan 240sx se Fastback Hello, I am reluctantly parting with my 1989 Nissan 240sx se. I got it from my nephew as part of my mid-life crisis and then decided although I love the car, I hate driving a manual transmission in the city. For that, I ride a motorcycle instead. This is a repost as a family emergency put the selling of the car on the back burner.

Details on the car:

Was certified in April 2006 Emissions was passed in April 2006 New front tires in April Brand new battery under warranty.

It has 247,000k's and then the dash lights stopped working but we have not driven it significantly since then.

It has been owned by three women in the past who loved and cared for the car (and one fellow ? my nephew).

The interior is in remarkably good shape for a car of this vintage and it shows that it has been pampered inside.

There is no radio as I didn't really want one and didn't put one in.There has been a radio in the car but nephew removed it.

The driver side seat shows a rip in the seat along the seam. We were going to put covers on but decided to leave as is.

It has the HUD (heads up display) which is intermittent and when researching this problem, I discovered that it was a common repair in these cars - usually a simple soldering job with step by step instructions on the net to repair.

The dashlights are also intermitent but also a fix with proper soldering and very common repair in these cars. If you know these cars, you know all about this and it probably doesn't scare you.

Power locks - also intermittent problem - sometimes locking sometimes not but no problems locking with the key instead of the power lock option.

Has a sun roof that works and pops open. Nephew resealed it with silicone and we have taken some of it off.

There is a new muffler and tail pipe and it could be the Cat Back but I am really not sure - it sounds awesome though for what that's worth. There is body rust in the usual places (under the spoiler, etc but not so bad that can't be fixed, underneath the driver's mirror). It has a couple of normal dings and scratches in the paint but more significantly on the paint is that the clear coat is flaking off in places.

The frame seems solid and in good condition. I do not believe the paint is original.

The engine is in really good condition.

The transmission shifts well and I although I am no car expert, I have never had as much fun driving a car as I have had with this one.

I am selling because I need a car that will suit the family a little more than this one and I would like to see her go to a good home with someone who will really, really enjoy it.

Selling uncertified. $1900 or best offer.

Reply to
jojo