1989 Nissan Sentra dies at stopping, idle

My Nissan Sentra wouldn?t idle after mechanic changed distributor rod, kept dying at idle, took car back, told it needed a new manifold gasket, after having my car for two weeks, he tells me the car has an "internal mechanical problem and is blowing black/gray smoke. What could he have possibly done to my car??? He is telling me I need a new engine but it was fine before he got his hands on it. What possibly caused this?

Reply to
cheary

I would suspect your timing chain tensioner broke and the timing chain jumped. Why did you have the distributor rod replaced? what is a distributor rod? It's possible the original problem was misdiagnosed. Timing chain jump will cause valve damage if it goes far enough in this motor. I'm assuming US and GA16i?

gary k

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

gary

Mechanic could be an ass?

Reply to
Mark Levitski