1991 Nissan Altima Do I use power steering fluid or ATF for the Power steering resevior?

I noticed the power steering reservoir is empty on my 1991 Nissan Altima. Or at least the dipstick doesn't touch anything. I was wondering if I should top it off with Power steering fluid or Automatic transmission fluid? I know some cars used to use ATF instead of power steering fluid but I'm not sure about Nissan. TIA

Reply to
Redeyesurfer

My 1995 Nissan truck used ATF. I only know because it was printed on the reservoir cap. Check around under the hood for the type and capacity.

Redeyesurfer wrote:

Reply to
b.rehberg