1991 Sentra gas mileage question and a theory... Thanks for all replies!

I have a 91 sentra 1.6L that has consistently given 32-38mpg for over the 100k miles I have owned it... it now has 240k miles on it. The last 3 times I have checked my mileage is was horrible. 22-25mpg. I am thinking that I have one or more leaky injectors? Anyone else have a better idea about where my gas is going? No, no one is siphoning it out, and no leaks :) I appreciate any replies.

Reply to
robbiehughwilson

miles I have owned it... it now has 240k miles on it.

better idea about where my gas is going? No, no one is siphoning it out, and no leaks :)

Look at the spark plugs. An injector problem will result in that cylinder's plug's internals being much blacker than the others.

If they're all black with excessive soot, the engine is running rich generally. So thermostat, temperature sensor and oxygen sensor would be the first things to look at.

John

Reply to
John Henderson