1992 Sentra SE-R A/C

Finally have my A/C working. Replaced the compressor and dryer and had it evacuated and recharged with R-134. Working great but this morning I blew the 10 amp fuse. Replaced it and it is working great again. Have the right compressor and had it charged by a reputable dealer. I did have to splice the wire for the clutch as the old one had a different connector for the clutch but it is not rubbing against anything to ground so I don't know what the problem is. I have considered going to a slightly larger capacity fuse (15 amps) but wanted to check with the newsgroup first. As always all responses are appreciated.

Reply to
William Michael Greene

Don't take the "penny in the fusebox" approach to this problem. If the correct fuse blows again... you need to find the root cause.

Telstar Electronics

What is the resistance of the compressor clutch coil? Measure it...

Telstar Electronics