1993 pathfinder stance question

i need to know if it is common for 1993 pathfinder to have a noticable lower rearend. this is an SE V6 with a button on the consel that allows me to switch between between sport and touring. is this the cause or ??????

Reply to
steven

I think the 'sport/touring' is for the automatic tranny. Sport would have a shift point at higher rpm's. At least that was the way in my Mom's old Stanza..

BTW, check out

We have a Pathfinder Place forum over there and some other people might have answers on your questions!

Reply to
Bhuvan

Reply to
Shawn

No. sport/touring affects the stiffness of the shocks. It might also affect the auto tranny shifting (my '95 PF had this, but was a stick). The sport/touring button won't affect the ride height, and it affects all four shocks.

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

If they still use torsion bars springs for the front end, they are adjusted wrong. It's not a shock issue, shocks have no effect on ride hight.

Reply to
Steve T

theres a seperate button/switch on thne dash to the left of the steering wheel thats for changing the upshift point on the auto trans, the button/switch on the console is for the shocks stiffness....manual trans pathys only had the touring/sport switch on the console and DID NOT have a switch on the dash for the manual trans

Reply to
Shawn

My '95 hardbody sat lower in the back after I carried 2000lbs back there. It never recovered and I had to install air shocks to get the ride height back.

Reply to
Rob Munach

What about air shocks?

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

Or Blisteins. They would raise a 240Z about 3/8"

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

Does a 93 pathfinder have air shocks on the front of it?

Reply to
Steve T

no

Reply to