1994 Nissan Sentra Won't Start

I have a 1994 1.5 liter 5 speed Nissan Sentra.

The car works fine. The problem is that after I go for a long trip the car will not start. The engin will not turn over when I try to start it. All I hear is 'click' everytime I try to start. Many times when this happens it will start after several attempts. Other times it simply refuses to start. I have to get out and push start the car.

Does any body have any Ideas?

Thank You, Robert

Reply to
Joe Juarez

Replace the starter?

Reply to
Mind Melt
1.5 liter ??? maybe 1.6

first, try cleaning both battery posts.

Reply to
okr

Joe, I signed on today to report a similar problem with my 240 SX. In hot weather, expecially when I have been running the AC, my starter will just "click" as you reported. After some time with the hood open, the starter will again turn over the engine and it will start. I'm sure this is heat related. This happened two years ago, and I replaced the starter. Now it is happening again. I have been wondering if this has something to do with air flow in the engine compartment, or lack thereof. Over the years my splash shield has fallen off, and this, I believe, had kind of an air dam at the front. Could the lack of this air dam to direct air into the radiator area cause overheating of the starter? I also noticed that the lower part of the fan shroud is missing; the part you have to take off to lift the radiator shroud out the top. Engine temperatures run in the normal range, however.

Ron

Reply to
Ronald Wade