1995 Maxima Ignition

Hello all, I have an intermitant problem with the ignition in a 95 maxima. It seems that when the key is turned to start the car many times nothing happens. No clicks - nothing. I suspect a switch or relay control, not the actual key lock mech. Of course I could be wrong. Before I dismantle anything, I wanted to check with this group. I recently replaced the starter which was bad. This has been going on for some time. It's like it has a mind of its own.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

RSL

Reply to
RLETNER

I have the service manual in pdf format if you need it.

Reply to
JimV

I have a 95 SE (purchased May 94) that has been doing that intermittantly for years. I find that jiggling the key while turning it helps. For that reason I thought it was an ignition switch problem, but apparently some people have replaced the ignition switch without any improvement.

When it does happen, I do hear a single click in the dashboard (or on firewall?) when I turn the key. So maybe it is a problem with a relay somewhere. My starter was replaced many years ago and cranks smoothly (not the loping crank before original failed when it stopped on its dead spot).

Reply to
David Efflandt

Reply to
RLETNER