1995 Nissan Maxima - rotational wheel noise

I have a rotational wheel noise problem. The sound is like a flat tire, except that that is not the actual problem. The problem began after I changed the brake pads. Can anyone please help me? Thank you in advance.

Reply to
alealoha

Did you accidently bend the splash guard and now it's rubbing on the rotor?

Reply to
Jim

Aloha Jim:

Thank you for your reply. I had AAA Diagnostic Clinic check the suspension and wheels for the noise, an independent garage work on my brakes, Nissan Dealership check on the noise (they wanted to redo the whole suspension), Sears Automotive Service Center changed the shocks and master cylinder, and last CostCo, where I got my last tire change, rotated the tires. However, the noise is still there.

No. I checked the splash guard, and the wheel well too. I even changed the rotors, and the brake pads too. I am still stumped.

Aloha!

Alex

Jim wrote:

Reply to
alealoha

Check the ABS pickup sensor and all the teeth on the metal wheel behind the rotor. If you bent the metal bracket holding the sensor in place, its tip may be "too close" to the wheel's teeth. The wheel may not be perfectly round, i.e. some of its teeth may touch the sensor, creating the noise you hear. Alternatively, some dirt may be caught in the teeth, creating the same noise. I use a can of break cleaner to rinse them well each time I change brake pads (I'm in there anyway and it's very easy to do this).

Reply to
Gershon Shamay

Aloha Gershon:

Thank you for your response. This is a new idea for me. I have not checked the wheel's teeth, nor the metal bracket holding up the sensor before. I can get a can of brake cleaner for the brakes. ;^)

Much mahalo and aloha!

Alex

PS. Have a wonderful xmas holiday!

Gersh> Check the ABS pickup sensor and all the teeth on the metal wheel behind the

Reply to
alealoha

I finally got the problem fixed; it was the wheel bearings.

A/

alealoha wrote:

Reply to
alealoha