1995 Pathfinder XE Radio Question

I just inherited a beautiful 1995 Pathfinder XE, but the only thing that is missing is the radio. All the harness wires, etc, are still there -- but I was wondering what radios were available for 1995 from the factory? I have seen a Bose CD/Cassette factory model, but I dunno if it will work in my car..If not, was there a factory cd model for this year?

Thanks

Troy

Reply to
Heatmizuh

Even if there was a factory CD available that year (there was not in '94), I think you're better off with aftermarket. I had a Sony unit in my '94, and it never looked out of place if that is a concern of yours. Crutchfield makes all kinds of adapters to fit factory harnesses, including Nissans for '95. Besides, you'll get better sound for the money than if you try to replace the original unit.

Reply to
ppointer

There were several types available from Nissan for that year (mine's a '95 XE as well). Plain radio, radio w/cassette (mine) and radio w/cd. For the style like mine, there was an add-in cd-player unit that mounts in the empty area under the radio/cassette player.

Most likely you have the Bose/Clarion audio setup. You'll know for sure if you have factory speakers/tweeters in the following places:

front 2 trim pieces running up the front windshield the front doors the rear cargo roof area

If you have the Bose/Clarion speaker setup from factory, then you'll need this little number from Crutchfield:

2C4NN02&s=0&cc And if you're in the market for an aftermarket radio... here's one I've been eyeballing:
0DXZ545&o=p&a=1&cc&avf=Y&search=AM/FM/CD/CD-R/CD-RW/MP3/WMA/ Yeah that about covers it. LOL Thatand I don't care for the motorized versions so it fits my personalwants perfectly, your mileage may vary. ;-) To each their own. Theonly thing this one has that I could also do without (and will neveruse) is the detachable face plate. I have insurance. If someonesteals it, I have zero deductable. Go ahead, I'll get a new model.LOL Not that my town has that issue anyway. Anyhow, good luck inwhatever you decide to do. And never overlook eBay if you want to gowith an OEM Nissan unit. They're on there quite regularly. Mine still works but the display just recently died. It acts like a solder joint has come loose somewhere inside the unit so once I get a replacement radio, I'll check it out further and keep it should I ever decide to sell the Pathfinder. But I don't see that happening for MANY, MANY years to come. :-)

Wil

Reply to
Truck

Any aftermarket will work just fine and probably be better than what the factory would have offered.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow