1995 PF - stereo/amps wiring diagram

I have an aftermarket stereo in my PF hooked to the factory amps and speakers. I get lots of hiss and way too much volume. Obviously it is wired incorrectly to the amps. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the stereo and amps that they could scan and send me? My Haynes manual is pretty useless in this respect. Is the Chilton manual any better?

Any advice for matching the stereo output to the amps would be appreciated. I want to replace the stereo but I won't bother if I'm just going to get the hiss. I'm not interested in replacing all the speakers and/or amps.

Thanks, DS

Reply to
DS

botchka

Thanks. Some good info. Mine has the Bose amps and the wiring may be a bit different, hence the hiss and extreme high volume. I'm looking for that info too.

DS

Reply to
DS

you need an adapter or junk the garbage factory wimp amps. the new head unit probably has as much power. Get real amps from the aftermarket.

The Factory PURPOSELY have there systems designed to NOT integrate into the normal industry standards of compatibility. WHY? Dunno its asinine but that is what they do.

Reply to
Im Right

You need this little item:

2C4NN02&s=0&cc I looked into the aftermarket for a bit just to see what's there until I can locate a factory cd player for my '95 Pathfinder with the Bose setup as well. :-)

Good luck,

Wil

Reply to
Truck