1996 Quest Dash Board Lights

Half of our '96 Quest dash board lights are out. The two right side bulds behind the fuel and temperature gauges.

I plan to take it in to the dealer for replacement. Does anyone know how much is involved in replacing the light bulbs? It would appear to be quite labor intensive.

Reply to
ED

Invest in a Haynes manual. The labor to change $3 bulbs might be very high. I recently changed the bulbs in my Sentra SE-R and it wasn't that bad. In short, disconnect the speedometer cable from the transmission (this will allow you to pull the gage cluster far enough out to get to the bulbs. Remove screws from the bezel around the gage cluster, remoe bezel, remove screws from gage cluster and pull far enough from dash to access bulbs.

Again, a Haynes or Chilton manual will help for the items particular to you vehicle.

I plan to take it in to the dealer for replacement. Does anyone know how much is involved in replacing the light bulbs? It would appear to be quite labor intensive.

Reply to
William Michael Greene

I actually change one bulb recently and yes, it is labor intensive but worth the effort. The bulb is the same as you used in the license plate bulb. I have a 93 Quest btw.

This is the procedure I did

  1. Start the car and move the shift lever to 1st gear and turn off engine
  2. Remove negative battery cable connection
  3. Remove 2 screws from top bezel and gently pop towards you
  4. Remove RH/LH wire connectors with a flat screwdriver while pinching it (be careful cuz i had my fingernails bled)
  5. Tilt the instrument cluster sideways and replace the bulb

Good luck.

Reply to
Jeffrey

Jeffrey,