1997 altima knock sensor

I'm getting a knock sensor code when scanning. No other codes and the car runs fine. I found the location of the part but I don't think I'll be able to remove it without major work that I don't want to get into at the present time. If I just connect a new sensor without installing it would it clear the trouble code. I know its half-assed but it would get me some time. Thanks.

Reply to
Joe C

Try just clearing the codes and see if it doesn't just stay off anyway before you do anything with the actual sensor. If you are hearing any knocking yourself, the car either needs a tune up or better gas.

Reply to
E. Meyer

I've cleared it but it comes back almost immediately. No knocking or ping. Tried hi-test no difference.

Reply to
Joe C

Joe C wrote the following:

Instructions here for replacement: But before you buy a new sensor, pull the wiring plug off it and inspect it for damage or grime, then replace it. Remove and replace it a few times. It may just be corrosion on the contacts.

willshak