1997 Nissan Sentra GXE Problems

I have a ?97 Nissa SentraGXE that has over 100k on it, but hasn?t had any major problems until now. The other day I went to start it, and it will crank, but won?t start. My brother has tried everything that he can think of to fix it, but it isn?t happening. Does anyone have any suggestions? Because I can?t afford another car at the moment. :(

Reply to
Hotlips007

archive:

You have to first determine if the problem is lack of fuel or lack of ignition. One way to check ignition is to pull a spark plug wire, attach an old spark plug to it, ground the outer electrode by holding it against engine metal and crank the engine. You should see a strong, consistent bluish spark. To check fuel, liberally squirt a flammable solvent such as WD-40 or CRC into the air cleaner inlet and then crank the engine. If it starts momentarily and dies, then the problem is lack of fuel. Good luck. Al

Reply to
al

sounds like its flooded, common problem

Hold your foot to the floor and crank it, don't let up till its starts then keep it running till it clears the excess fuel out of the cylinders

NissTech