1997 Pathfinder Sway Bar

Has anyone had to replace the sway bar bushings and if so the link bushings on a 97 pathfinder.

Im getting a clunking noise from the passenger side front end, its not the struts or the strut bearings but i have done some reseach and found its the sway bar bushings, anyway, anyone done it, how hard is it and any tricks or advice?

Reply to
Happy Father

I have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder and when I am on the freeway and I hit any kind of bump it rocks back and forth, any one have these problems?

Reply to
John

Original struts? Probably time for replacement. If if it's the back end that sways back and forth, time for new locator bushings.

Reply to
JimV

Mine (purchased used w/99k mi in 2004) tended to wander a bit (minimally compared w/the 86 F150 4x4 I traded for it). I just discovered this year that it had a broken front spring (had both springs replaced). It goes where I point it now.

Reply to
David Efflandt

what would be a good price to repace all 4 srping? parts and labor? what would be a decent price?

Reply to
AirborneDSM

Hi- Before you start spending money-

In what way does it rock back and forth? Is it like a side to side action that bobs your head and shoulders? Or is it more like one whole axle that feels weak?

How many miles?

I had a 1999.5(which is the same suspension as 2001)- early model 1999 had a slightly different rear shock setup. At 75K I replaced my front struts with the OEM from Nissan, and OEM shocks, as well as Front Sway Bar End Links. The End Links and rear shocks I had done in one hour at home. The Struts- I could have done, but at $30 each for labor- I could not refuse(I hear PepBoys charges $40 each- which is still a good price).

This cleaned up a fair amount of slop- but I still had some side action. The 1996 to 1999 Pathy's were tough on Rear Upper and Lower Control arm Bushings. The bushings would fuse onto the Arm and Stud, and be real tough to remove. While you could get replacement Poly Bushings- you had to buy the entire arm from Nissan to go stock. Upper Arms are roughly $150 EACH, and Lower Arms are roughly $100 EACH(there are two each). You can buy Poly Bushings for about $75 dollars if your shop can press them. Earlier Pathy's were tougher on these bushings than the newer ones(the shock remount helped)- but they still need them sooner or later).

OEM struts are about $95 each, but you can get KYB(who makes the OEM's anyway) about 15% stiffer for less money. Sway Bar End Links were around $35 each, and rear shock were $45 each. All from Nissan.

I d>what would be a good price to repace all 4 srping? parts and labor? what

Reply to
Jake

Reply to
Happy Father