1998 Frontier Misfires After Rain

After a fair rain or dizzle my 2.4l 4x4 is missing on throttle rpm range approx. 1500 to 3000 rpm. After about five minutes all is ok. ECC reports no problems.

TIA, Charles

Reply to
Charles Mohney

sounds to me like moisture buildup in the distributor cap, normally this wouldnt be much of a problem but it may indicate that your distributor cap and rotor need replaced. could be something else but id try the cap and rotor first.

Reply to
Shawn

Something is getting wet. Maybe time for new Secondary wiring.

Reply to
Meat Plow

My 90 Hardbody did the same thing. New distributor cap fixed it.

Reply to
Dean and Debbie

Fixed.

Soaked then cleaned spark plug wells of carbonized motor oil residue with fuel additive, keeping all foriegn materials from combustion chamber.

Washed spark plug wires, distributor cap with soapy water; rinsed with distilled water; dried in open oven at 170 F.

Cleaned and reseated distibutor seal and coated with silicone dielectric grease.

Reply to
Charles Mohney