1998 Nissan Pathfinder

When I push the "unlock" button on the factory remote for my 1998 Nissan Pathfinder, the lights don't flash & there's no chirping sound like with some other vehicles. When I push the "lock" button, my lights DO flash.

Is there any way to make the lights flash or to get an audible noise when I unlock my vehicle? (Naturally, all of the other vehicles in my household blink & chirp when you unlock them.)

Thank you.

Reply to
Patti Conley

If it is a factory alarm, it should say in your owner's manual.

With my 95 Maxmia and 2001 Pathfinder, just the interior light comes on when you unlock the doors (no exterior lights or chirp). The only audible sound is the doors unlocking. When locking, the Maxima just flashes the blinkers (no sound).

The Pathfinder has the option of just flashing the blinkers or also beeping. Switching between audible and quiet modes is done by holding both lock and unlock buttons for more than 2 seconds. Frankly, I prefer it quiet (to not annoy the neighbors).

Reply to
David Efflandt

Yeh there is a way but I forget how. I read how to change it in the manual.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow