2000 I30 wipers

I have a 2000 I30 with about 73K miles on it. Recently, my driver side wiper (the bigger one) started dragging when it rains The passanger side one works perfeclty all the time. I have the original Nissan wiper (as I had big problems with other ones) and just changed the rubber refill. But both old rubber and new one keep dragging. When the glass is dry, there is no dragging. When I spray some washer fluid, no dragging again. However, when it rains, the driver side wiper starts dragging when going up - it almost looks like that there is some thing on the windshield that prevents the wiper from wiping smoothly. If I spray some washer fluid, the dragging disappears for a short time but then comes backs. Again, once the rain is over, it disappears.

I cleaned the windshield and wiper blade several times with Windex and other glass cleaners. I checked that the wiper arm is attached tightly and it is. What else can I do/check? Could it be the wiper motor?

Reply to
Steve B.

I understand how you feel about using original Nissan refills. They are expensive but they do the job.

However...

I discovered, at about 75000 miles, that I could replace the entire blade with the $3.84 unit by Anco from Walmart and it, too, works perfectly. Here in Texas, I have to replace them about every 4 months because of the heat. Even though my drivers side original WAS 26", I replaced it with a 24" Anco. It works GREAT!! So...I use 24" drivers and 17" passenger.

I would imagine that if your new replacement is still dragging that the blade is slightly twisted. Try the Anco. For $3.84, if you hate it, you can throw it away.

BTW, I had two 2000 Nissan Maximas and did the same treatment on both. Never had a problem. Now, I only have mine with 115,000 miles and the wife got a new Toyota Solara Convertible.

Chuck in Dallas

Reply to
Chuckindallas

Chuck - IIRC the wiper blades for our vehicles are 22" (driver) and 20" (passenger). 26" (driver) and 17" (passenger)" seems incorrect to me... and also way too large of a difference between the two sides.

Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

Just installed the PIAA silicones and a 2000 max takes 26" and 17".

Reply to
Naxray

Yeah, the 2000 Maxima had 26" driver and 17" passenger. I thought it was ridiculous but...what the heck.

Reply to
Chuckindallas

Clearly, I stand corrected... ;)

Reply to
njmodi

;) Thanks for straightening me out... :)

Reply to
njmodi

(driver) and 20"

incorrect to

two sides.

17".

Clearly, I stand corrected... ;)

Reply to
Boots Crofoot

"Boots Crofoot" quipped:

I really like the Teflon coated blades. For me anyway, they seem to last a lot longer and they never, ever squeak or skip.

Reply to
amstaffs