2000 Maxima GLE suspension problem?

Hi there, I have a question regarding my 2000 Max hope your guys have the answer. I just noticed the left rear side of the Max I owned is about 1/2 inch lower than the right rear side. I checked the suspension but found no problem. I also had the car's wheels aligned, but with no change, tires presure are OK, the problem still there. My mechanic said it was camber setting cause that, everything was well within factory specs, manufacturer sets ride height for road manner. Is this ture? Is there any problems with my car or every 2000 Maxs were really made like this?

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Alan

Reply to
Alan

I suspect you have one spring that's a little softer than the other. It's probably not typical, but probably not out of spec either. It all depends on how much you're willing to pay to fix it.

Reply to
JimV

The front left of my '00 Acura TL turned up an inch lower than the right side last summer. They replaced the spring. It was the last thing I expected on a car this young (39,000 miles) and in this price range. I guess it happens. Fortunately, it was still in warranty.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Do you mean what I need to do to correct the problem is to replace the left rear spring? Every corner of the car should be equal height, so my mechanic's theory is totally wrong, right?

manufacturer

Reply to
Alan

Reply to
JimV

Maybe. Check the rest of the suspension components in that corner as well. Something might be bent or coming apart.

Reply to
E. Meyer