2000 Nissan Altima

I have bought a 2000 Nissan Altima few weeks back. I noticed that my cooling fan inside the hood seems to be running even after I switch off the engine. It always take extra 1-2 minutes for it to stop. Is there any problem with the cooling of the engine? I will appreciate any help.

-Nitesh

Reply to
nkumar

Larry Colombo

Reply to
Larry Colombo

Does this always happen, or only after the fan's been running and you shut the engine off? Mine will continue to run for 15-20 seconds after I shut the engine off, if it was running to begin with. I recently had my coolant temp sensor unplugged and started the engine, and the fans started up right away and continued to run for probably one minute after I shut it off... if that's what's happening with you, you may have a problem with the sensor, is your CEL lit?

Reply to
JM