2000 PF SE, where is the hotwire in overhead console?

Hi, want to put a radar detector into PF. Looking to hook it up via the overhead console. Need to know (identify) which wire in the console becomes live when the ignition goes on. In other words, I want to have the RD go on and off with the on and off of the ignition key. Thanks, Adam

Reply to
Flycaster

If it is wired the same as the '02, the wire you want should be green/red going into pin 7 of the 8 pin connector at the compass-thermometer unit. This wire comes from fuse 9 (10 amp) and is hot when the ignition is in "ACC" or "ON". I would probe it to make sure before splicing.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Thanks. The wiring is most likely the same. I'll just use my trusty Radio Shack volt meter to make sure this is the wire I need. BTW, is identifying the compass/thermometer connector obvious, or do you think I might need a clue?

Reply to
Flycaster

It should be obvious at the back of the console. There is also a six pin connection inline somewhere (unclear exactly where from the FSM). If you run across that one, the same wire (still green/red) goes through it on pin

  1. > E. Meyer wrote:
Reply to
E. Meyer

OK, then the obvious is that the red/green wires are most likely the ones to deal with (ie, ignition dependent), wherever they are. Thanks, again.

Reply to
Flycaster

Just wanted to let you folks know that I've successfully wired the RD to go on and off with the ignition . Furthermore, the green/red wire in the overhead console did it for my 2000 PF.

Reply to
Flycaster