2000 Quest

We have a 2000 Quest GXE, every option. It has over 132,000 miles, and I'd like some suggestionsfor repairs.

Problem #1: Two days after the 130,000 mile service, a loud roar appeared. It sounded like the engine, only louder. It's heard better from the 3rd row seat, and I suspect the muffler.

Problem #2: The sliding doors on both sides occasionally stick. It happens when one hasn't recently been opened, and it's occured since Day 1.

Problem #3: 2 of the 4 speakers have failed. I'm not sure whether it's wiring or a bad speaker. The speakers are the 2 in the driver's door, and I'm not aware how to remove the door panel. The radio is the factory AM/FM Casette/Single Disc, and the infamous display problem was resolved last March.

Problem #4: The TV/VCR set has completely died. It won't turn on at all. I'm not sure if it's a fuse, a weak battery, or a failure in the set.

The van is away and will not be accessible until Saturday, so I have plenty of time to plan repairs based on suggestions.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, we have a 2004 Frontier Desert Runner with bubbling weatherstripping around the driver's window. We took it to a dealer and they said only one other customer had had the problem and it was in a 2003 Xterra, and it's a $50-$100 fix. Any do-it-yourself remedies?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Michael Marshburn

Michael, sorry to hear that your Quest is not feeling well. I have a 1999 Quest SE w/106K miles. Without question, the best vehicle I ever owned. Never had a problem. No loud roar, both sliding doors still work as if new. Speakers still speak :-) and the TV/VCR perfect! I admit I do baby the vehicle. That is, garage kept, sythenthic oil from day-1 changed every 5K miles. Professionally detailed once a year, yadda-yadda-yadda. I'm on the third set of tires, second set of brake pads, my mechanic changes the radiator fluid every other year, the tranny fluid every 30K, and again, the oil every 5K, and I only use Mobil-1. Again, I'm sorry to hear about ur Quest. I scan this newsgroup often just to read about Quest stuff. I wish I could be of help.

Reply to
juanalong