2000 Sentra stalling

Four days ago my 2000 Sentra wouldn't start. The battery was still working ..the power windows, radio and lights all worked. The car cranked but just wouldn't start. I had it jumped but still nothing. The next day the car started. I left it running for about 10 minutes and it died again. I heard a buzzing sound coming from behind the glove compartment. The car started back up. I took the car to the mechanic. At first he thought it was the computer. He took it out and put it back in and the car started up without a problem. I took the car home. The next day the car stalled twice, each time I was at a stop. The first time it started up right away. The second time it wouldn't. I started banging around the glove compartment to see if it would shake the computer up (if that was the problem). I heard a buzz and the car started back up..went back to the mechanic.

He noticed that my battery was corroded and when he went to clean it the battery terminals broke off. He thought that was causing the computer to lose ground, therefore causing me to stall. The terminals were replaced along with the battery and off I went. Later on...I stalled...again! This time while driving. Again it wouldn't start until I heard the buzz. Same thing happened today.

The mechanic is now going to replace the computer.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions about this problem? Could the problem be the computer?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reply to
KK01

Have you checked the recalls on your Nissan they have a igition module and a crank position sensor that may be bad.

Reply to
prv1