2000 Xterra rear brake drum removal

I know this has been asked for other cars but is there a recommended method for removing the rear drum on a Nissan Xterra so I can replace the brakes? I tried it quickly the other day but had no luck. Are there tapped holes for popping it out or do I just need to loosen the self adjusting brake or something like that?

Reply to
fasted

just smack the sh*t out of it with a hammer and it will break loose, be careful not to hit the wheel studs

Reply to
NissTech

After making sure the parking brake is released, I bang on mine with a rubber mallet a few times until the drum loosens a bit, then it comes right off.

1997 Pickup

Reply to
Truckdude

By the way, I've seen your posts here for several years now. It seems as if over the past year or so, you have taken on a negative opinion of Nissans. Have you always felt that way and I only noticed over the last year? Or is this something new? Just curious.

Reply to
ppointer

Reply to
NissTech

Someone must have posted under your pseudonym. Anyway, sorry for the confusion.

Reply to
ppointer

I wouldn't say Niss has a negative opinion of Nissan products. However I think he feels that some Nissan products are overrated.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow