2001 Frontier Radio Question

Howdy,

I have a 2001 Frontier that came stock with a radio/CD player with no cassette. I'm told that a lot of current car radios have audio inputs in the back that can be used to to plug in external audio sources (e.g., satellite radio receivers). The inputs are, obviously, well-hidden away behind the radio so it would be handy to know whether it's there before I go trying to plug something into it. Does anyone know Nissan radios well enough to know whether my radio has such an input?

Thanks,

-Scott

Reply to
Scott McKnight

Anyone?

-Scott

Reply to
Scott McKnight

My guess is that it would not have an input. I know that Aiwa for a long time has put one on the front of their car stereos..even their cheapest decks, and they still do. I'm not sure if this trend is more popular today among stereo makers (with the Ipod and satellite radio gadgets coming out) because a few years ago it was not.

Check on ebay if you dont want to hassle with pulling it out. Also check to see if yours has a CD changer input. There are a few companies that sell an adapter which connects to that and turns it into an AUX input. But when I saw the list of available adapters a while ago it was only for the most popular vehicles and not many Nissans.

Reply to
Dave Stone

Thanks for the response. If I understand correctly, you're suggesting I look for my CD/radio being sold on eBay (presumably by someone who has upgraded) and see if they advertise the aux-ins as a feature? That could work.

Thanks again,

-Scott McKnight

Reply to
Scott McKnight

yes, either by checking in the picture (if they have one of the backside) or ask them. I don't know where you're at but I despise playing around with stereo or DIY car stuff in general when its below freezing.

Reply to
Dave Stone