2001 Sentra electric window failure

Driver side electric window will only rise 1/2" from full down position. I believe there is a regulator somewhere in the console that is bad. Does anyone know were the specific location is, the part name and can be purchased. Thanks in advance. Lon

regulator in the console? ussually its just the window motor/regulator in the door that takes a walk.

Ussually about a $200-300 part from the dealer.

Reply to
Paradox

Well you were on the mark. It was the regulator in the window. I examined the failed unit and it was a very small plastic gear that was cracked through. Repair cost $274 at Nissan dealer. The service writer also told me to use silicon lube on the rubber that the window rises in. Supposedly reduces resistance ?. and improves life of motor/regulator parts. I am not sure but its worth a try.

Yeah but then the window gets all greasy and your cleaning it constantly, I don't do it.

Reply to
Paradox