2001 Sentra GXE Clock backlight went out

I have a 2001 Sentra GXE and about 6 weeks ago when I'd start the car at night and trun on the headlights the back-light on the radio would take 2-5 minutes to come on. Now it does not come on at all. The radio works fine so it's not a major problem. I've check the fuses and they seem okay, so other then having the radio replaced are there any other cheaper ideas?

Reply to
cdk1313

is this the stock radio?

night and trun on the headlights the back-light on the radio would take 2-5 minutes to come on. Now it does not come on at all. The radio works fine so it's not a major problem. I've check the fuses and they seem okay, so other then having the radio replaced are there any other cheaper ideas?

Reply to
Nitrus

If you put an electrical charge into the CPU, that might jump the light back on.

night and trun on the headlights the back-light on the radio would take 2-5 minutes to come on. Now it does not come on at all. The radio works fine so it's not a major problem. I've check the fuses and they seem okay, so other then having the radio replaced are there any other cheaper ideas?

Reply to
David Rennick