2002 frontier supercharger question

Group, I wonder if this is normal, When I step on the gas to pass a slower vehicle, the car doesn't seem to respond along with the gas pedal, it seem as though the engine bows down as if it was calling upon his resources before responding. I've tried this with and without overdrive, the same results. Any ideas ?. Martin. Autobahn Auto

Reply to
Bnzmn600

Has it done this since it was new? Have you driven another Frontier with a super on it or another Niss with the same motor?

Only supercharged motor I've had the pleasure of road testing was in a 1990 Buick Regal with a 3800cc V6 and I can guaranty you there was no hesitation when I stomped on the gas.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

Does the vhicle have an automatic transmission? If so, does it downshift when you press down the gas pedal?

Reply to
Michael J. Astrauskas

Michael, Yes it's automatic, and honestly I haven't paid attention to what the transmission is doing, but you have a good point. Althouth I'm not putting to the pedal down to the floor when I have this problem, just general sudden passing of other vehicles or getting through a yellow lights. I can best explain it as a hesitation of output the moment you step on the gas pedal more than half way.

Reply to
Bnzmn600

My '03 S/C is auto and it does indeed shift down. Mine has power but it's not too impressive. I may have something going on (see other post) because mine seems to shift pretty harshly and in doing so it seems to lose some power on the downshift for an instant. I'm pretty easy on the pedal so I don't put it to the floor much at all. Maybe once so far. It seems to have plenty of off-the-line power and can burn the tires off but not much once the RPMs are up.

My other car is a 440 Six Pack Charger so I know what power and torque feel like. I'me having mine checked out next week for that harsh shifting.

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Woodell

I wonder anyway if I can take it in and have it checked under Nissan Warranty?. It's a 2002 with 38K miles, is there any factory warranty at this point anybody ?. Martin Autobahn Auto

Reply to
Bnzmn600

it was calling upon his

Reply to
Jsmerk

Your local dealer should be able to tell you based on your VIN or a call to Nissan USA might work as well.

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Woodell