2002 Pathfinder CD Player

I have the Bose system that came with the PF and find that now that winter is in full swing here in the northeast, the CD player skips on every single CD until the vehicle has had a significant amount of time to warm up (lame).

Upon searching the net, I find that quite a few owners have experienced the same behaviour. I'm just curious if anyone here has experienced this and if the dealer was able to replace the stereo with one that actually can deal with cold weather?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Rosenbaum

Same thing happens to me in my Maxima, but the problem is not with the head unit itself, but the CD. The cold weather causes it to fog up, which makes the CD skip, obviously. I just carry a dry rag in my glove compartment and dry it off completely. When the car is warm there's no problem with that.

Sarky

Reply to
Sarky

Unfortunately, it's not very practical for me to eject 6 CDs and wipe them down just to hear them. :)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Rosenbaum

Can't you listen to only one of them for the first 5 minutes your car warms up? ;-)

Even if you don't have a dry rag, just put it up near the windshield where the hot air blows out, the fog will dissipate pretty quickly.

Sarky

Reply to
Sarky