2002 Pathfinder DTC P0430 Code

My 02 Pathfinder started generating a P0430 code while I was driving on a

250 mile trip (naturally). The code description is "catalyst efficiency below normal - bank 2." I changed the spark plugs and the car passed inspection just 2 weeks ago. Is it likely that a tank of below par gas that I bought on the trip could be the cause of the malfunction? There don't seem to be any obvious dents/leaks in the exhaust system and the car seems to be getting above average gas mileage (22 miles per gallon highway).

Thanks in advance.

RJ

Reply to
rj

rj wrote in news:48a64773$0$20929$ snipped-for-privacy@cv.net:

Here's an update. Just rechecked the car and found that the left side

3 way catalytic converter (which has the bank 2 O2 sensor in its front tube) is leaking at the top. So that's what triggered the code P0430.

Since I have to replace this converter (& it's out of warranty because the car has 90K miles), has anyway had any success/trouble with aftermarket converters? The best Nissan OEM price I could find was $625 while a direct fit aftermarket one from Eastern costs only $212.

Thanks. RJ

Reply to
rj

The aftermarket converter will work fine.

Dustin

Reply to
Dustin