2002 Pathfinder P0462 code

I drove it yesterday and all the fuel, tach, temperature, odometer, and speedometer gauges went to zero and then after a few minutes bounced back to normal. Driving back home it happened again and the check engine light came on. But they never came back to normal. So I put the :car chip" on it and it's showing a P0462 code which is "fuel level sensor circuit low input".

Any suggestions on the next step, I'd rather fix it myself than take it to the dealer.

TIA Richard

Reply to
Richard

I've got an '01, and while it doesn't have that code, it has P0460, P041, and P0464, all of which have to do with the gas guage sensor. I think the instrument cluster blackout is the cause. Power for the gas guage sensor comes through the instrument cluster (on my '01, and likely your '02), and if the cluster looses power, the sensor is going to give wonky readings, and (I'm an EE) there's a real good chance ithose wonky readings will be low input.

The good news is that the instrument cluster is dark and you can chase that bug. Turn the ignition on. Wiggle stuff around the fuse block, esp #24 and #8. Then I'd start checking the connnections on the back of the instrument cluster.

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

After several hours of wiggling every wire, I gave up and took it to the dealer. It was the Printed Circuit Assembly for the Dash Cluster.

End of story

Reply to
Richard

Well, in the words of the prophet, "That sucks."

Reply to
Andrew Chaplin