2002 sentra gxe squealing noise

there is a squealing noise coming from under the hood when started in the morning and now it seems its happening more and more...i took it to 3 different auto shops and noone can seem to know what it is and say there is nothing wrong with it..the belts were changed and re-adjusted but yet it is still making that noise..can anyone help me..i am going broke trying to find out what is making it squeak...

Reply to
ironlung

Does this by chance only happen when it's damp or rainy out? My '01 did this whenever it rained, but on a dry day or all through the winter, it was never an issue. The only solution I found was the occasional shot of silicone spray whenever it was really bugging me. Didn't fix anything, but as a bandaid to get me through a rainy day it did the deed just fine.

-e

Reply to
Urnest

Yea u hit it right on the head, it does seem to only happen when rainy or damp..i guess there is nothing that can be fixed, but it just seems there has to be a reason for it..But for the silicone spray, will any kind do? and also where would i apply it..

Reply to
ironlung

My 2002 Sentra GXE has also done that since about 9000 miles (I now have over 62000 miles). The squeaking noise happens on the first startup of the day, and happens on subsequent startups only if the car has not been driven for over three hours.

It continues for a bit when the car is driven, then just goes away. Dealership hasn't complained about it, and I've noticed no adverse drivability conditions, so I just treated it as normal.

Reply to
Daniel W. Rouse Jr.