2002 sentra SER Computer Question

This is the third time I have had to have my computer re-programmed by a nissan dealer. My car would stall out when warm when stopped in traffic. I have to keep my foot on the gas a little, and put the car in neutral when slowing to a stop to avoid stalling. The dealer told me that we make the computer re-learn the low idle setting. I don't understand, why does this happen? I need some info so when talking to the dealer I know if he is blowing smoke up my but. Why would this have to be repeated? I only have a little time left on my warranty, and would like to avoid repeating this problem in the future. Thanks in advance for any help. Please no messages saying just sell the car. I need something to tell the dealer, that maybe they need to replace the computer. Thanks Ed

Reply to
Ed

john smith

Thanks for the responce John, Whatever the dealer has done in the past to fix this problem it worked for almost one year before failing again. This is the third time. If I had bad injectors, or a bad fule pump woulden't this problem be ongoing? The car has only 27,000 miles on it.

Reply to
Ed

Reply to
john smith

John, The dealer told me that they had to make the computer re-learn the low idle setting. This is the same thing the dealer told me the last time it happened. They didn't replace anything. I wonder if the computer could have a flaw in it's software. Then doing whatever they do to re set things wright again corrects the problem. The part I don't understand is how can this same problem keep happening over again? The first time my car lost it ability to hold a low idle and just stall out happened about 9 months after I bought the car new. Then about one year later it happened again. And now about another year later the same thing again.

Reply to
Ed

Reply to
Monte