2003 sentra lower ball joint

My mechanic said today the left lower ball joint on my 03 SE-R Spec V was bad and the thing was not replaceable;the entire control arm had to be replaced(~$270).I go to Advance Auto Parts/Partsamerica and they show 4 brands of replaceable ball joints that allegedly fit my specific model,ranging from 15-30 bucks. the Advance joints are held in place by a snap ring,in their picture.

any Sentra experts know what's right?

Reply to
Jim Yanik