2004 Acura TL Vs. 2004 Infinity G35 Sedan

You're comparing an Accord to a G35?

Reply to
Nick

maybe I should rephrase

I *have* an Accord

I am looking for a new car, and thus I am comparing all those cars against eachother.

Am I cool now?

Reply to
Andrew/Hal

First of all I will like to thank you all for the input. I went ahead and I bought the TL for my wife. Navigation was imposible to get here in Miami, or South Florida for that matter. There was a 90 day wait for a TL with Nav. So I purchased an Alpine Navigation system for it. That said, when my my turn for a new car comes in July I will get the G35 for myself. Now my heart is split between the Sedan 4WD and the Coupe. But so far I think the Coupe will be the winner. Unless something happens between now and then that will make me able to dish out the 55k+ for a BMW M3. But then again, a G35 Coupe "with a nice aftermarket turbo" may cure the M3 blues.

Reply to
Sonoman

If you are already looking to dump an '02 Honda for a new car, why even look at Honda/Acura?

Reply to
E. Meyer

And you're NOT vain??

Reply to
Jonathan

damn guys.. never seen ya jump over someone like this.. I'm touched

I layed out all that I was looking into, and gave you my reasons for picking the TL.. hello...

Reply to
Andrew/Hal

i'm vain... not $5000-for-a-name-and-less-horsepower vain though

Reply to
Andrew/Hal

[snip]

Don't blame you for felling a little abused. Sometimes folks get carried away, and tend to pile on, over quite minor variances in opinions.

It is interesting how nasty someone will be in an USENET posting, saying things, and in a manner, that they never would dream of doing in person. Anonimity emboldens, I guess. I've read stuff that would have gotten the "speaker" smacked down into the dirt if said to a fellow human being standing next to them.

By the way, your grouping of cars that you're considering seems entirely reasonable for the most part, and in many ways similar to the type of decisions I'll be faced with soon. How about an Audi A4 Avant, TSX, or (shudder) a Mazda 6? Certainly a wide disparity amongst the range of vehicles ... in price. Performance-wise, not so wide. And, echoing your comments about the BMW, there's a lot of "perceived value" in most of the marks under discussion in this thread.

Reply to
Rick K

Cloth seats are the way to go, its a shame that we can't get them in any of these cars. One of the reasons I bought an RSX..

Reply to
DJH

The March issue of _Car and Driver_ features a head-to-head comparison of sports sedans under $35K. And the winner is: Infiniti G35, followed by BMW

325i (330i didn't make the price cut), Acura TL, and then the others.
Reply to
John Varela

I know, I know, I know. But the TL is prettier...

:)

Reply to
Sonoman

I like the cloth seats better too, too bad if you want cloth seats in Canada, you have to go with a base model Acura and then you loose too many other goodies. I find it that leather requires all that maintenance (oiling and such) but with cloth, I never had to do anything as long as you don't spill drinks in there, you are all fine, keep in mind I have no kids, so for a family the opposite must be true, with leather just wipe it off and you are good to go.

My two cents, anyway.

Tony

Reply to
Tony

its sort of a give/take with leather and cloth. pros for leather

-durable

-form fitting

-breathable

-odor resistant

-stain resistant(darker colors) cons

-maintenance(some use vinyl also which is easy to take care of)

-temperature control(too cold/too hot)

-wear(if not treated)

-secure seating(with crap leather)

pros for cloth(most are acrylic now)

-cheaper

-stays temperate

-snug seating cons

-wear(not reversible)

-retains odor/stains

-not as breathable(especially when hot)

-get it wet and pay the price

i agree that cloth is nice for some situations but in the long term good leather is better.

Reply to
tomk

You guys should look at Subaru as well... unique but a quality product.

Reply to
Unfurled1

As Motor Trend so elegently put it: "The TL is the Ultimate Accord". Those of us who want to impress _AND_ have the better driving experience get the G.

Reply to
User

And they stain easier. And they trap hairs and such easier and are a PITA to keep clean. (for those of us with dogs)

I had leather, then cloth (and hated it) and am back to leather and will _NEVER_ go back to cloth. It's just too easy to wipe a spill away and be done with it. Or just vaccuum up the doghair.

Reply to
User

Before buying my 04 TL I considered the G35. There's no doubt in my mind that the G35 has better vehicle dynamics. I just couldn't get past the excessive use of shiny, hard plastic in the interior. Do I weigh interior finish more heavily than how a car handles? No, but there is a limit. I'll be very interested to see how the rumors of a face lift to the G35 interior pan out.

--Mike Scheer

Reply to
Michael Scheer

that article was so biased toward the G. the features weren't the same as the TL. plus they almost disregarded all the cons of the G to give it 1st.

its true if you want the performance, the G wins. if you want more luxury, the 3 wins. if you want the best blend of both... TL...all for less.

Reply to
tomk