2004 Nissan Altima 2.5S steering noise

I can hear and fell a noise in the steering system while turning the steerin wheel when the car is WARM ONLY (when cold the same action cannot reproduce the problem - is silent). The noise can be described as a pop/knock noise and I can feel it in the steering wheel like you'd feel a small schock. The noise starts from low noise and become powerfull after complete warm up. Any ideea what could cause this noise?

1) Start the car, Steering wheel stright, Engine COLD. 2.1) Move steering 30degrees right/left NO NOISE. 2.2)Complete rotation NO NOISE.

3) Car warmed up 10-20mins.

4) Repeat step 2.1) knock/pop noise schock felt in the steering wheel. Repeat 2.2) you can hear it 2 times for a complete rotation. Once when the wheels are straight and after each 180 degrees roation.

The noise start from low noise in the first 5 mins and is quite strong after

10-20 mins.

Hope this describes the problem better

Thanks a lot! Nick

Reply to
nicolae_popa

take it to the dealer, it is under warranty

Reply to
NissTech