2004 Quest - SVCD and VCD work, but burned DVD's don't....

Hi all,

Wanted to see if anyone with a 2004 Quest is able to play burned DVD's in the factory DVD player.

I've been able to play every VCD or SVCD I've burned - regardless of the CD media brand. However, I can't get it to recognize a burned DVD. I've tried several manufacturers DVD +R and DVD -R discs with no luck. These discs do work on my home DVD players.

The model number on the back of the factory player is 28184-5z100.

Was hoping that someone had come across a particular brand of DVD discs that do work in this player!

Thanks!

Reply to
Alex Ferguson

I have been able to play home-made DVD-R disks in the player on the '02 Pathfinder. I know it will not play a DVD+R. The ones that work have all been burned at 1X on an Apple Superdrive. Brand does not seem to matter - most of mine are no-name bulk discs. Of course, this may or may not be applicable to the newer player you have.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Anyone else playing burned discs in their 04 Quest?

Reply to
Alex Ferguson

I have an 04 Quest and I sucessfully play burned DVD's without issues. I use DVD-R disc from either Ritek or Memorex and both work great! The comment about it not playing DVD+R's is correct. Frankly, I have more issues playing VCD's than anything.

Reply to
Trent Harris