2005 Pathfinder ?

hello,

does anyone have any comments on this truck? im in the market of buying the 2005 model but would like to feedback on it ... or links to other sites and there comments?

thanks

Reply to
Norm

Make sure you get the extended warranty.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Car and driver -

Canadian Driver -

Good2go

Reply to
Root

I am interested in getting this model too. I was just at the dealership checking it out and it looks sharp. I guess there is some concern for the durability of Pathfinders as there have been a few comments alluding to that. I haven't owned one before but can someone fill me in?

I currently own an Explorer and it has been great so far just a few minor repairs.

Reply to
MD

Don't know about the '05, but I am on my fourth Pathfinder. 95, 98, 01 & 04. The 04 is new, but the 01 never went into the shop with a problem; just oil change, etc. I am hoping the 04 works out as well. I was interested in the 05, but didn't like the looks, so I bought a "real deal" 04. I am interested also in how the New 05 works out.

MD wrote:

Reply to
philipp

Yeah they always say not to buy the new models in their first year, well I guess it isn't really a new model just a new generation of the same model.

I am thinking of buying one.

Reply to
MD

Careful with the Car & Driver (and other) reviews.

They only give first impressions. Only later do you discover the manufacturing flaws.

It happened to my Honda Accord. Great reviws, but it now squeaks and rattles like a 10 year old taxi... and it's only got 8,000 km.

-Indirecto

Indirecto

Must I say that my old 2000 pathfinder NEVER squeaked... it's the most solid car I've ever owned. I'm still kicking myself for having gotten rid of it.

-Indirecto

Reply to
Indirecto

Norm wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

My 92 PF SE has been great. I'd never buy the 2005, because, according to the review I read, "A five-speed automatic transmission is now standard for Pathfinder (no manual option is available)".

Reply to
Dave Patton

That's not new news. I think the 2001 PF was the last stick shift.

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

That's not new news. I think the 2001 PF was the last stick shift.

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

Chuck is right -- the last couple of years have been manual-tranny-free on the PF. However, you can get a 2005 Frontier with a 6-sp on the V6 if you prefer. That alternative has me seriously considering a new truck.

Reply to
ppointer