2006 Frontier Traler Wiring Harness

Hi

I have a 2006 Frontier NISNO that came with no trailer hitch or wiring harness. I bought a hidden hitch, pretty simple to install.

I also purchased a Hoppy HY 43525 wiring harness,

again pretty simple to install. Lights and brake lights work, butdirectional lights do not work all the time. The Frontier does nothave flashers to replace with heavy duty flashers, to correct thisproblem.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I think that Nissan sell a wiring harness for $50.00, but you have to slice into the existing wiring harness. Has anyone had success with this?

Roland

Reply to
roland.w.carter

i purchased a trailer hitch from nissan for an 05 frontier, and also the wiring harness. there's no splicing of anything, just plug into the existing wiring behind the passenger's feet kick panel. there were relays on every pigtail of the harness. i think there were 3 pigtails for a manual trans and 2 for an automatic.

don't know for sure, but i'd say your headaches are related to the lack of relays on your third party harness. or maybe yours has relays, they're just wired up the same as the factory nissan harness.

Reply to
bcornel