2007 Nissan Frontier XE th-thud

Well, it's not a noise, but I'll try to explain it. When stopping my truck at a light or stop sign, and just before there's that bit of a lurch backwards, I feel a th-thud. I feel a similar th-thud when I start accelerating from that stop.

The one thing I notice is that if I put the truck in neutral and then stop, I don't feel the th-thud at all. The other thing I notice is that if I come to an extremely slow stop, it doesn't make that th-thud either. Tranny related?

Any thoughts on this? My truck only has 3300 miles on it and I'd like to get this taken care of if I can point them in the right direction. One of those things that unless you drive it regularly, might not notice on one test drive.

Thanks Doug

Reply to
Doug

on 8/7/2007 3:36 PM Doug said the following:

You feel a lurch backwards? At all stops, or just on an uphill stop? If the latter, could it be the hill hold feature?

Reply to
willshak

Under warranty HI HO HI HO off to the dealer we go! Take it back to the dealer and request that the Tech, ride with you so you can show him the problem. If you do it any other way you will get a NFF (no frigging fix). Those are my thoughts.

You feel a lurch backwards? At all stops, or just on an uphill stop? If the latter, could it be the hill hold feature?

Well, if you don't make an extremely slow stop, any car will have a slight lurch backwards. That's the lurch I was talking about and when it happens.

Reply to
Doug

I had that thud on the turn or hitting a bump on the 2004 Frontier and turn out to be front end tie rod was bad.

Reply to
** Frank **

So, does this sound like a tranny issue? I'm just trying to be equipped with some knowledge before I call the dealer.

Thanks!

Reply to
Doug

Although it shouldn't be at this point, it almost sounds like universal joint noise.

Reply to
43fan