2007 Xterra problems and recalls

Now I am curious. Three weeks ago our 2007 Xterra crashed suddenly while driving it. Just shuddered, stalled, and then wouldn't turn on again. We took it to a local mechanic who ran diagnostics and said the battery was fried and the computer was shot to hell... but he couldn't fix it. So we took it to the dealership who put in a new computer for $1200. It seems to be running ok right now, but if it was the IPDM could this happen again? Also seeing a lot of similar posts about 2005 models, but if they never fixed the original problem with production could this have something to do with it?

Reply to
Mandyp3nny

replying to Mandyp3nny, eddi wrote: i am working on a 2007 xterra with it seems the same problem....starts fine mostly.....then try to restart after short trip....will not start.....checked the IPDM for power on #13 wire ....power when starts....no power when no restart....was told Nissan knows it has a problem....has been switching out the white IPDM with an upgraded black one. Where is the recall that affects all the vehicles with this problem?

Reply to
eddi